Cobb Institute Funds
The Cobb Institute has a variety of funds (listed below) that support all aspects of our mission – including research, fieldwork, education, and outreach. Donations are tax deductible and can be made via check, money order, or online with a credit or debit card – see the “How to Donate” section at the bottom of the page. For additional giving options, including planned giving, bequests, securities, real estate, personal property, etc., please contact Derek Anderson (Cobb Outreach Coordinator) at email@example.com or by phone at 662-325-5970.
- Cobb Advancement Fund (#310806) - General fund to promote the advancement and development of Cobb faculty and staff, and related student projects. This fund can be used to support equipment enhancements, classroom and laboratory upgrades, research projects, specialized analyses, travel for fieldwork and conferences, etc. to ensure growth and development within the Institute.
- Early Americans of the Southeast (EASE) Fund (#312978) – Supports travel, fieldwork, and research on Paleoindian and Early Archaic archaeological sites and assemblages throughout the Southeastern United States.
- Israel Research Fund (#401736) – Supports travel, fieldwork, and archaeological research in Israel – specifically, the site of Khirbet Summeily, a small Iron Age site east of Gaza.
Other Giving Possibilities
Mississippi State University provides opportunities for many other types of giving that would directly benefit the Cobb Institute, including many different naming opportunities. These include (but are not limited to):
- New buildings (or upgrades to existing structures) – this could include a third floor or a museum/library wing for the Cobb Institute.
- New or updated laboratories, classrooms, conference rooms, etc.
- Endowed faculty positions, including named chairs, professorships, and fellowships.
- Named lectureships and/or lecture series.
- Student scholarships and fellowships.
Please contact us if you are interested in discussing any of these (or other) possibilities.
How to Donate
If you would like to donate to one of the specific funds listed above, there are two easy ways to do so. All donations are tax deductible, and a receipt will be mailed to you by the Mississippi State University Foundation for tax purposes.
Donations by check or money order can be mailed to Derek Anderson, PO Box AR, Mississippi State, MS 39762. Please make the check out to “Cobb Institute of Archaeology”, and write the name and number of the fund that you would like to donate to on the MEMO line.
Donations by credit or debit card can be made online via the MSU Foundation’s secure website
After filling out your contact information, you must specify where you would like your donation to go. - Scroll to the “I want to contribute to” heading.
- - In the “Designations” section, select “Other (please specify below)”
- - Immediately below the “Designations” section, next to the text that says, “If you selected 'Other,' please indicate where you would like us to direct your gift:”, type “Cobb Institute of Archaeology” and the name and number of the fund that you would like to donate to.
You will be able to confirm all information before submitting your payment, and an automated response will be emailed to you immediately after you finish.
Thank you for supporting the Cobb Institute!